Road Trip One 2004

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Road Trip One 2004
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I'm about to embark on the first road trip of 2004. Destination:
Washington, DC for an SCCA Solo 2 National Tour event. The event will be
held Friday though Sunday at FedEx stadium over in the Landover-ish
MD area. I hope to be on-site sometime before noon on Friday.

I'll be campaigning my F Prepared TR6 (as usual). If you want to stop by
and say "hi", feel free. The car is fairly easy to spot, it's sort of
silver-ish with a light tint of lilac. The tow vehicle is non-descript
with an enclosed trailer, but the TRF Racing decals should be somewhat
unique, even if the one on the back of the van says "Th Roadster Fartory"
in olde-english... if I have some time tonite, I may rectify that "issue".

I know that FOT Dean van de Carr will be there in his EM TR6 (wth Ford V8
power this year) and brother Mark will be there in his DM Spitfire with
Toyota 4AGE power (aka FrankenMod). I didn't see any other Triumphs on the
SCCA entry list, but who knows...

One thing I can say for sure - if you don't have housing arranged before
you head down to DC this weekend, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HEADING DOWN! It
seems that there will be a dedication for the WWII memorial this weekend
and officials predict a turnout of nearly 800,000 folks for that. What
SCCA was thinking when they planned this event is anybody's guess.

But if you want to hang around and talk Triumph - c'mon over. I'll
pre-apologize if I'm pre-occupied with some aspect of the event or my car
should things get intense. I might also put you in charge of video or
photography...

Entry to the event is supposed to be limited to SCCA members and
participants. If you do show up, tell 'em that you have parts for my car
or something and they'll likely let you in after you sign the waiver.

Yee - Ha!
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |