Re: Inner Black Ring on Speedo/Tach Instruments with any abuse report

To: ahwahnee@cybertrails.com
Subject: Re: Inner Black Ring on Speedo/Tach Instruments with any abuse report
From: "Stephen Peca" <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:52:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
 George, Thanks for your response.  The ring I am looking for is aluminum and
is installed behind the instrument glass.  The rings I think you are referring
to are between the instrument and the dash panel.  The ones I had were
crumbling, so I just tossed them without replacement.Steve PecaAnnandale, New
Jersey1958 TR3A - TS23867L--- On Wed 05/26, Geo Hahn &lt;
ahwahnee@cybertrails.com &gt; wrote:From: Geo Hahn [mailto:
ahwahnee@cybertrails.com]To: sppchicago@excite.comDate: Wed, 26 May 2004
16:42:39 -0700Subject: Re: Inner Black Ring on Speedo/Tach InstrumentsStephen
Peca wrote:&gt; I recently swapped out the housing of my non-functioning TR3
speedometer with a functioning TR4 speedometer housing. I also did the same for
my tachometer. It was a surprisingly simple effort. Question: I noticed when
disassembling the TR4 housing (after removing the chrome ring and the glass),
there was a black colored inner ring held in place by two small strips of
rubber...&gt;If it is the ring I'm thinking of, I just made a couple from black
gasket material (the stuff that is like thin carboard/very heavy paper).Geo Hahn

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com