Choppy Clutch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Choppy Clutch
From: "Steve B." <StevesTR@veroquest.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 20:06:52 -0700
Since rebuilding my car, I seem to have been left with a clutch problem.
First off, pretty much everything about the clutch is new or rebuilt. In
my TR6, the clutch works smoothly when the car is cold and I can't find
fault with it. But when the car heats up, or at least when I use it
quite a bit, it gets 'choppy' for lack of another word. I don't mean
shuddering or anything like that, my problem seems to be in the linkage
or the hydraulics or perhaps some other part of the dis-engagement
system. When I press the clutch, there is sort of an extra resistance,
it feels rough. And then when I let up on it, it almost releases in
jerks making it sort of tricky to start off smoothly.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks,
Steve