TR4A Engine Timing - Compression Stroke

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Engine Timing - Compression Stroke
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:54:14 -0700
List,

Quick question - since the crankshaft rotates twice for every full turn
of the cam, there are two different strokes for every piston.  Starting
from TDC (#1 piston), is the first rotation of the crank the compression
stroke or is it the second rotation?  And where is TDC of the
compression stroke (I know, at top dead center, but before the stroke
starts or after - basically the first or second TDC)?  Just want to
check before I set up the final timing on my new engine.

As always, TIA!

Jeff Tedder
'66 & '67 TR4A