RE: Sway Bars

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sway Bars
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:01:33 -0700
> > Since the bar's mounting and end link bushings also deform as the car
> rolls,
> > changing them can make a smaller difference.  I've even seen
> spring-loaded
> > end links, where you can change the springs to adjust roll stiffness.
> >
> > Randall
> -------------------
> Randall,  is there an option of rubber and poly bushings and endlinks, and
> which would be better?

Yes there is, in fact some people even use solid aluminum for the bushings
and Heim joints (metal-on-metal swivel joints) for the end links.

Which is better depends on what you're trying to accomplish and whether you
need more, or less, roll stiffness.  Currently I've got nylon end links in
front and all rubber in the rear, looking for a little more stiffness in the
front & less in the rear.

IOW, I'm using the endlink bushings to 'tune' my swaybars since I don't have
adjustable bars.

Randall