Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1985

To: timipurdy@citlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1985
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:12:13 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/2004 6:14:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-triumphs@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:27:57 -0700
> From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
> Subject: TR4 tires
>
> I need to get a new set tires for my TR4 '64....

Greetings all:

I'm in the same boat as Tim above (needing TR4 tires).  I'm looking to buy
the 165-15 size radials at a reasonable price.  To me, this rules out the
expensive re-makes from Coker tires, among others.  In looking over the
available
choices, I have found a number of alternatives: Kumho, Signet, Cooper and a few
others.  Have any list members had experience with any of these brands, in
this size?  As an alternative, are there other brands to consider?

Thanks for any wisdom that's available.

Bob Sharp
Michigan
64-ish TR4