RE: pertronix ignitor ignition

To: List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: pertronix ignitor ignition
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:48:44 -0700
I don't remember seeing any warning with my Pertronix installation
instructions about not using the Lucas Sport coil. In any case I've used
both for 2 years now without incidents. But, as a precaution, I have kept a
set of points/condenser in the boot.

I won't say that I haven't had any problems, but I have noticed that the
LSC does get really hot, and has deformed some of the paint at the bottom
of the coil. I didn't think it had anything to do with the Pertronix
though.

The Pertronix ignition is used in many many applications, and is a go-to
upgrade for lots of hotrod applications. I can't believe that Pertronix
would allow quality issues, or coil resistance issues to cause continued
failures. Has anybody talked to these folks?

John