Ref Engine start up and possible ruined starter..

To: "Car, Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ref Engine start up and possible ruined starter..
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:50:10 +0200 KOLBEINSEN/HAUGESUND/FMC/US(Release 6.5|September 26, 2003) at 02.08.2004 21:50:15, Serialize complete at 02.08.2004 21:50:15
Hi List

Well, today it was time to have another go on the TR3.  I have recharged
the battery and a quick test revealed a starter in nice shape :-))
I then removed the distributor and found myself a rod to drive the pump
with, and the pump gave lot of oil - thank God! I ten reinstalled the
distributor, bled the oilpressure line before preparing for another go.  I
cranked the engine again and woh - 50 lb on the gauge!

So now I think I'm ready to have a go with ignition and patrol...

But I have another rather important question to raise, conserning
polarisation of the generator.  I have converted to negative earth and my
question is:
To polarise the generator, could I use a wire between the positive battery
and the narrower of the lucar connection on the generator (there are one
wide and one narrower)?

TIA

Terje Kolbeinsen