Rear Springs on a TR4

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Springs on a TR4
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:06:33 -0400
So do any of you guys with reference materials have information /
specifications on the rear springs for a TR4?

I know there are several different types:

I don't know if the early . . fairly flat springs were the same as TR3 units
or not.
Then came the later TR4 ..  with the highly arched springs and big aluminum
spacer block. . looks like more leaves too.

Why did they make that change?

I don't know if TR4A non IRS springs are the same or different.

While running in an autocross this past weekend, the mufflers scraped a few
times as I went across little dips in the parking lot.  Maybe a little less
suspension travel in the back would be a good thing.  (especially since I
lowered it down by an inch or so)

I also am considering a rear swaybar for the car.  Adjustable would be nice.

The car seemed to hold on pretty well . . .but when you are doing a loop
around the "may-pole" pylon  . .. it'd be nice not to have so much lean ..
maybe keep that inside rear wheel down a little more.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday

Check out the new British Cars Forum: