Re: Cracked steering wheel :-(

To: "Barry Schwartz" <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Cracked steering wheel :-(
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:05:56 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Barry Schwartz said:
> I realize that its been sitting
> around for quite awhile, but I still don't think this should have happened
> to a $200 steering wheel, and I also realize that its probably too late to
> have anything done about it - but I'd still like to try - as I am rather
> disappointed now.  I think it was purchased from Rimmer Bros - not that it
> matters

I think if the steering wheel really came from Rimmers, that does matter.
They're more expensive than other European parts suppliers, but for that
they do provide excellent service and will happily exchange defective
parts, even after a long time. I remember buying an oil pressure gauge kit
from them, and I found out after a year that it was missing some unions.
Contacted Rimmers and before I knew it, I received a complete new kit.
They didn't even want the old, incomplete kit back!

Talking to Rimmers about the cracked steering wheel may well be worth your
while.

Cheers,

Eric

--