Re: TR6 fog lamps : what was original?

To: peb3@cornell.edu ("Philip E. Barnes"), Peter.Murray@mwkl.co.uk (Peter Murray), triumphs@autox.team.net ("'TR'"), jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: TR6 fog lamps : what was original?
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:15:06 +0000
In a message dated 8/11/2004 8:45:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Philip E.
Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu> writes:

>At 9:36 AM +0100 8/11/04, Peter Murray wrote:
>>On ebay, TR4 factory prepared rally car for private entry to 62
>>Monte Carlo Rally.
>>Round spot lights under bumper.
>
>I've also seen a lot of shots showing at least three aux. lights on
>the factory cars. This particular car may have a comp. history, but
>it would be nice if it also had the navigation equipment that was
>almost certainly there; Halda and Heuer watches.

=====

I agree! But at least it has the roof-mounted Lucas 576 lamp (BIG $$$ right
there)! Meanwhile, I sure hope there's some good documentation with the car,
since it looks pretty darned "normal" otherwise. (Not that I expect there still
to be 1962 rallye dirt on the car, but....)

=====
>Note to JonMac: If not Cibie lamps, how about Carello or Marchal? Not
>much left after that.

=====

What about Butlers? Wipac? Raydyot? All still British. ISTR that the TRS cars
had Butlers fog and/or driving lamps. At least that's what I remember seeing on
the one that used to belong to Bill Clarke and is currently in the hands of
Charles Runyan.

--Andy Mace

Check out the new British Cars Forum: