Re: compression

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: compression
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:22:13 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/2004 9:16:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
twakeman@cruzers.com writes:

1000  miles after a valve job I take the cold compression numbers with
my gauge  and pencil the numbers in my manual.  As long as I repeat my
tests  the same, I know how each cylinder is wearing by comparing the
results to  my as new compression.  It doesn't matter what any other
person  or organization has published or how my engine varies from stock
or even  what the absolute numbers are.  All the big variables accounted
for.

Makes sense to me, TeriAnn.  I can appreciate the advantage of the  cold (vs
the hot) approach.  Keeping a running set of checks would  certainly tell the
story over time.

Sounds as though it's all relative.  Score one for el-cheapo  gauges.

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A

Check out the new British Cars Forum: