Re: TR6 Driveshaft Bolt - Grade Needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Driveshaft Bolt - Grade Needed
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:45:08 -0700 (PDT)
You can get original-equivalent bolts from TRF. I prefer to use
AN bolts, along with the high-temp nylocs. These are particularly
useful where the exhaust passes near the half-shafts at the rear.

I believe that what you want is AN6-10A, which has a 7/16 grip, with an
AN960-616 washer and the AN365-624A nyloc.

The thin AN960-616L washer and the half-height AN364-624A nut are
tempting, but the nut is rated for shear loads only - even though
the torque is transmitted in shear, there's a fair bit of clamping
going on as well.

You can get them at Coast Fabrication (see the Monster List for
contact info).

Check out the new British Cars Forum: