RE: Clutch Pedal Pressure Changes

To: "Jerrold Le Tourneau" <jerrold.letourneau@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Pedal Pressure Changes
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:21:44 -0400 from [4.10.138.246] at Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:21:36 -0500
If you don't have any obvious leaks I would suspect the master cylinder is
bypassing at times.  Probably the rubber cup inside.  Problem sounds like it
is in the hydraulics not the clutch.
Pete

Hello all.   Simple problem I hope !!!   The pressure to the clutch
pedal comes and goes.  I have to double clutch a lot to engage gears.
The pedal doesn't feel spongy.  I replaced the pressure plate and clutch
plate a while back and everything seemed to be fine for a while.  I have
bled the hydrolyics.  If I have good pressure/stiffness on pedal no
problem shifting other than shifting into reverse which at times can be
a challenge.  Any ideas?

Jerry

Check out the new British Cars Forum: