bolts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: bolts
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:51:06 -0400 FILETIME=[B66791E0:01C48272]
Hi,

TR6 drive shaft bolts need to be grade 8 and no harder. If you use stainless
steel for instance they are likely to break.

I have used  grade 5 in a TR3 and they were there for many miles. The key is
to get them tight and keep them tight. I would suggest elastic nuts not
nylock if heat is an issue.

You might wish to look at :    ARP-bolts . com

Cheers
John

Greenfield, Ma
Gloucester, Ma
USA.
       ***  ~*~*~* ALWAYS BE SAFE  *~*~*~  ***
Life is not a race.....you do not want to finish first.

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: