RE: Soldering bullet connectors

Subject: RE: Soldering bullet connectors
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:29:15 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Keeping the bullet connectors on the end of the wire is not the problem,
> the real problem is maintaining a good electrical connection between the
> bullet and the connector into which it is inserted.

Haven't had much trouble with that either, although I have replaced a few of
the original ones.  Fortunately on my earlier TR3A, they're all easy to
replace.

Making sure the spring clip grips the bullet tightly (remember, the goal is
gas-tight) and smearing just a bit of silicone grease on as an additional
barrier to oxygen helps too.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: