RE: Bosch Alternator

To: "'Edward Hutchinson'" <ehutchi3@twcny.rr.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bosch Alternator
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:43:10 -0700
> I believe it's the Festiva alt that fits, not the Fiesta.
>
> jaltman@altlaw.com

Nope, Ed had it right.  78-80 Ford Fiesta (as sold in the US, not
necessarily the same Fiesta sold overseas) with optional Bosch alternator.
(Standard alternator was a Motorcraft that was completely different).

The Bosch takes the same main plug as the Lucas, no changes required.  ISTR
there are one or two side connections to be made, but I'm afraid I no longer
remember the details.  On my friend's TR6 the wires fit, it was just a
question of which wire to which terminal.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: