RE: New problem :(

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New problem :(
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:49:03 -0700
Here's a stupid question ... But have you popped out the float bowl covers
to look to see if they are full of fuel and when you have them off, check
your float setting and the needle valve (or gross jets).

I remember limping a couple hundred miles imagining my engine being ruined
in the process, but once at the TR event, myself, dad and several fellow
enthusiasts had changed the points, condenser, etc.., checked timing,
changed plugs and wires, scratched heads, etc etc , then one guy walked up
and said have you checked the float bowl?  Sure enough, the float needle had
backed itself out (unthreaded), was hanging down and jammed in place sitting
on the float arm cutting off all fuel.

Man we all had egg on our face!

Check out the new British Cars Forum: