Re: Have I ruined my starter

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Have I ruined my starter
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:02:55 -0700
TERJE_KOLBEINSEN@bluezone.no wrote:

>During cranking the TR3 engine the RPM eventually (a couple of minutes)
>slowed down and I took a break.  As I should dry again, the starter only
>turns the starter around, but does not crank the flywheel :-(
>Have I ruined the internal drive or do I only need to recharge my battery?
>
>It's a short type starter..

Well, you'll know when you try again after the battery is charged up.
The rubber bush in the drive may be slipping, if so it is an interesting
and not particularly difficult matter to replace.  Not that you were
looking for one more thing to do but as tasks go this isn't one I dread.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ