Glove Box

To: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Glove Box
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:37:44 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i7CCfDt2007039
Message text written by "Terry Smith"
>Glove boxes are available new, of course, for TR3A's.  But does anybody
have
experience making their own, and is there an advantage in quality?
<

I installed a store-bought glovebox in my TR3 and it was a tight fit.  It
is a very large glovebox  and occupies almost all the space available
making it more difficult to fit.  But once it is in it is great!  Making
your own means you can make on smaller and more easy to install and remove
if you think that will be an issue.

The quality of the hamo-made glovebox is quite dependent on the materials
used and the workmanship. In my case it would likely be second rate,
indeed.  I leave these things to a professional.  But if you are quite
handy and have the right tools, you ought to be able to replicate and
exceed the factory quality standards.

Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: