Re: Painting Chassis and other TR metal.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting Chassis and other TR metal.
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:49:20 -0700
>> I was reading an article on a kit car and the guy had his chasis
>> galvanized.

> Was that electroplate or what?  Did he say who did it?

Series Land Rover folds often deal with galvanizing during restorations
since exposed steel parts are factory galvanized.  Galvanized frames
are common on reframed LRs.  The shops that do commercial galvanizing
have these HUGE  hot tanks of galvanizing solution that they dip parts
into.  Lots of space to submerge an entire frame.  Just check your
phone book for galvanizing under plating.

T. J. Wakeman
Santa Cruz, California
  http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

A member of the internet community since 1985.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: