Re: TR3 cooling system questions

To: Wise@erau.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 cooling system questions
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:14:50 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2004 3:46:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  Wise@erau.edu
writes:

I was  going to replace the cooling fluid but, I noticed I could not
get anything  to drain from the engine block drain.  On removing the
drain I found  it (and the space behind it) filled with the a black
muddy type of  material.  So now, I like Rob Pannell, would like
suggestions on a  good cooling system flush.

=====

If I were you, I'd simply probe around in the engine block drain area while
flushing with water to loosen up and remove all that gunk...and then refill
(for  the moment) with just water and see what your "normal" running temps are.
Often  this is all you'll need to do (and then you can drain again and top off
with  your preferred water/coolant mix).

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price  Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: