Engine ID

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine ID
From: Jim Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:04:58 -0400
Just dragged home an engine that came along with a transmission I was after
for my TR3.
Engine # is CF68633E, and looks like a TR4 with the dual outlet exhaust
manifold, and carb linkage being pulled from the centre.
However there are two things about it that seem odd to me; perhaps someone
knows the answer:
1. The engine appears to be painted silver.
b) The timing chain cover has an "outward dimple" at the end of the cam,
and might even have been chromed - but it could be silver paint.
2. The thermostat housing allows the coolant out at the top - in other
words the coolant just goes straight up. The rubber hose then forms an
elbow of quite large diameter - far larger than I am used to seeing on my TR3.
Could it be from a Morgan or something?
Thanks,
Jim

Check out the new British Cars Forum: