Re: High altitude mixture compensation

To: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High altitude mixture compensation
From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:23:07 -0700 filter02.roc.ny.frontiernet.net
I am at 4200' elevation and about 120 miles from the north shore of Lake
Tahoe.  When  I was over at Tahoe last month, had no problems.  Though I met
a few people while there who had experienced breathing problems due to the
elevation.  Two months earlier I drove over to the Oregon coast and
experienced no problems in my TR4 at sea level.

Looking forward to Triumphest at Tahoe, though unfortunately I can only
spend Saturday there.  I am fortunate enough that I am so strategically
located that I can take several different back roads there and never have to
drive on the freeway.

Tim

Susanville, CA

Check out the new British Cars Forum: