Re: Owner's Handbook

To: Gene <geneglenn@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Owner's Handbook
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:30:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> [a "smidgen" is a small unit of
> measurement used south of the Mason-Dixon line]
It is also akin to "Bit", "Little bit", and "piece".

I was riding in the back of a taxi with a Russian girl in St. Petersburg
about four years ago.  She was very fluent in English.  We were looking
for the local go-kart track.  I asked her to instruct the driver to go a
"piece" further up the road.  She looked at me and asked me how far a
piece was.  I explained it is a term that means a little distance.  She
replied "You mean like little bit".  I said exactly.  She broke up
laughing.  she had not concept of what little bit means.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom

Check out the new British Cars Forum: