RE: WIPAC headlights?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WIPAC headlights?
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 07:56:00 -0700
> A sad addendum to this, I had an Alfa that I used to drive up to
> Mt Wilson
> at night for fun ( in LA  about a 5000 foot climb near my house)--It was
> dark up there. So I put H4 lights and PIAA driving lamps on the car . the
> first corner I hit, I put all the lights on . Well there were enough
> reflectors in every corner of that drive  that I had to drive on low beam
> just not to get blinded. My TR2 has normal lights and those
> reflector signs
> are still real bright. The big lights only seem to be of value way outta
> town where there are no reflectors on the highway.

FWIW, I agree with Mike about the reflectors.  However in my opinions, the
roads around Mt Wilson have too many twists and turns to need high power
headlights anyway.  You can't see around the mountain no matter how bright
your headlights are.

Plus there's still enough light pollution from LA that you could almost
drive without headlights anyway.  Just aim between the reflectors <Grin>

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: