Shorter Operating shaft for Throwout bearing

To: <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Shorter Operating shaft for Throwout bearing
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:24:31 -0700
Cc: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <dmallin@attglobal.net>, <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <dcmdcm@earthlink.net> i834OudM016402
Dick

I laid the old and new on a builders square and measured
from the center of the arm to the center of the taper pin hole.

        old    6 and 3/4 inches
        new      6 and 5/8 inches

1/8 shorter on the new one hence the tightness.

Tomorrow--Friday,it all goes back together (minus the spring
between the arm and transmission housing)

Gary Oehrle
Cell Phone 408-718-1175