Re: TR3A cooling

To: jim.wallace@netscape.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A cooling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 21:27:45 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/2004 6:26:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jim.wallace@netscape.ca writes:

....Picked [recored rad.] up today and paid what seemed  to be a small
fortune, but it didn't
hurt, because of the way they treated  me while the money slid out of my ever
thinner wallet -and because he had  told me in advance how much it would cost
so I didn't go into shock when I  arrived. (Still, less than a new Chinese
rad, done the way I wanted, and I  am assured  it will cool much better than
original.)
======

Another benefit might well be that, 20-30 years from now, if you have to do
this again, you might well be able to. I wonder if, in xx years from now, the
"repro" radiators can be recored?

======

I surely  hope the small time garage guy doesn't fade from our existence the
way the  retail stores are being driven from the face of the earth by the big
box  operations.

======

I'm sorry to say that a substantial majority of that type of shop is now
gone from my area (Albany, NY), as are the milkmen who left the glass bottles
on
the doorstep when I was a kid, or the fruit and vegetable huckster who came
door-to-door once a week (until only a few years ago, but I think he was the
last of his kind in the area), or the building contractors who will actually
bother with a small repair job.

That said, there's still one radiator repair shop in Albany that I  know of.
It's been there forever, it's a "hole in the wall" and NOT a surgically  clean
money laundering operation[ :-) ], and last I knew they still did the kind
of work you describe. Cool.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: