Re: Exhaust and gas fumes

To: "Richard" <rcrabbe@sympatico.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust and gas fumes
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:17:06 +0000

> I now have 800 mi on my 76 TR6 since getting it on the road this year. I have
> an exhaust smell and when I accelerate I can smell raw gas.
> I have checked all the obvious gas leaks, fuel lines, muffler shop etc.
> I have taken the pollution pump off and have put a Monza heater and exhaust
>on
> .
> Is there anything in particular I should check other than the obvious. Car
> runs great but the smell is really noticeable especially when windows and top
> up.

Can't help with the raw gas smell, but when I had a Monza header, it constantly
leaked exhaust fumes from the header flange. The flange would warp regularly,
and the car was undrivable with the windows and top up. I solved it by buying a
good header.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58