SUMMARY: TR3 Dash Knob Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SUMMARY: TR3 Dash Knob Removal
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:10:48 -0600
Thanks to all who responded.

The knobs *do* pull straight off after the little plunger is sufficiently
depressed and the shaft is freed-up sufficiently.  The shaft appears to be
brass.

My procedure: A drop of Kroil on the plunger; press in the plunger, release.
Repeat button press 25 cycles, wiggle knob, reapply Kroil, move to the next
one, repeat, loop to the beginning.  About 100 plunger cycles (4 rounds)
was the average for me.  All came off w no damage.

The original blue trim color was under the hardware; I doubt these had been
removed in approx 49 years.

The ignition switch retaining ring was on so hard I finally resorted to
vise grips, but its off.

Editor's note: In 1899, the Director of the U.S. Patent Office
suggested that the Patent Office be closed, because he had "the
almost-satisfying feeling" that everything that could ever be invented, had
been invented

Check out the new British Cars Forum: