Chapter 4 on TR6 Transmission--Reverse gear grinder

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chapter 4 on TR6 Transmission--Reverse gear grinder
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:47:46 -0700
Cc: <rgperry@earthlink.net>, <sawblade@ptd.net>, <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>, <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <mjb@autox.team.net>, <jamdav@woodward.com>, <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <red_tr250@yahoo.com>, <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <Cristr6@aol.com>, <nariedel@adelphia.com>, <TTSCC@yahoogroups.com>, <Gary.Oehrle@infineon.com> i8DKovFb014105
To All

At long last (one and half months) the reverse gear grinding is gone.

In the process
        new Borg and Beck clutch and pressure plate
        new Gunst bearing and brass sleeve kit with spring, fork, cross
shaft
                and bushings
        Master and Slave rebuilt, new flex line, new fork shafts and
pins
           Switched to silicon fluid
        new rear engine oil seal and pilot bushing
        new transmission front seal and housing
        new Speedometer cable  ( after a number of years I know
         again if I am speeding)
        Added emergency hood release
        new fly wheel bolts as the others were over stressed.

Thanks to all for the assistance. Especially the Chris Wehling of TTSSC
for the
help in removal and installation of the transmission.  Also the Central
Ohio TRIUMPH
Auto Club for the in-depth analysis on TR6 transmissions.

The End

Gary Oehrle