Gas filler grommet/seal

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "British cars list" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas filler grommet/seal
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:17:55 -0700
Sorry to "bomb" the lists like this but I am looking for a part for an old TVR
that undoubtedly came from another British car. The question is, which one?
The metal tube that goes between the gas cap and the flexible hose to the gas
tank is 2.250" (2 1/4") in diameter  and I am looking for the lip seal that
fits around the filler tube where it goes through the body. MGs, Austin
Healeys etc all have their own version of this seal but what I need to know
is, which of the various British Cars used a 2 1/4 in filler tube. Once I have
identified a car that used a 2 1/4 inch diameter tube, then I can order the
seal. So, would all of you kind folks take a minute to measure the diameter of
the tubes on your cars and report back with what you find. Even if I can
eliminate some cars because their filler tubes are too big or too small would
be of value.
Mike Denman

Check out the new British Cars Forum: