RE: Fitting TR crank seal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fitting TR crank seal
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:56:26 -0700
> One more question. Found I have to have my crank turned .010
> under. Is any
> compensation for this required when fitting the rear seal? Is it
> advisable
> to try to dress down the meeting surfaces to compensate for the smaller
> diameter journal?

Only the main and rod journals should have been turned undersize.  The seal
scroll should have been left original size, and should not wear in normal
use.  If it is worn, I suspect the only solution is a new crank, dressing
down the seal would not help much since it can only close 2 sides.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: