Re: Tr6 Carb Problems

To: "tr list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tr6 Carb Problems
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:53:35 -0400
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard
  To: tr list
  Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 11:25 PM
  Subject: Tr6 Carb Problems

  Chad
  I had something similar happen, car ran ok - set idle etc, idle would
fluctuate sometimes a little sometime a lot and when I drove it ran like
crap.
  I pulled my hair out,  what I have left of it, couldn't find it.
  An MG friend came over and we went through everything. Finally took float
bowls off to check levels - Ok then he noticed one floats when you put some
pressure on it , moved some . Upon checking closer found one of the rivets
that holds the bracket was missing. Drilled and tapped and put in a small
screw, set the carbs and after 900 MI still running great.I sympathize with
your frustration.

  Crabby

Check out the new British Cars Forum: