RE: 1960 TR3A grill

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 1960 TR3A grill
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:34:09 -0700
Tom,

I had the same problem with the new grill that I bought for my TR3.
Coincidentally I was trying to assemble my car in time for Triumphest also!

I found that after very carefully bending the grill here and there, I was
able to get it to fit. After covering the "outside edges" of the grill with
a couple of layers of thin masking tape to protect the new paint and with a
lot of patience, I bent it mostly by hand but also using a wide-blade type
Vice-Grip pliers. I also prefit it with out the bumper and the overider
supports installed. Then when it fit really close, I removed the masking
tape and installed the bumper, the overiders and the grill. It looks really
great now, but getting it to fit was a BITCH!!

As always, YMMV and good luck,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
(New!) '68 TR250