RE: TR3 Horns

Subject: RE: TR3 Horns
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:15:47 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I think the horn current is supposed to be about 7 amps and you
> are supposed
> to adjust the contacts with the horn blowing until you see that on an
> ammeter.

Sounds right, although ISTR there were different currents for the earlier
TR2 horns.  I have done it by ear though, and the results were close enough.

> It's probably best if you are on good terms with your neighbours.

Not to mention not doing this at 10:00 at night.  Probably needs an analog
ammeter too, I suspect a (cheap) digital ammeter will not like the
interrupted current draw of the horns.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: