(no subject)

To: owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:49:50 EDT
inquiring mind want to know!,
Paul Dorsey

Too little? Not at all, just right. Like a nice worn pair of leather shoes.
Hard to drive? again no. way too much fun to drive.
Costly to operate? not once you get it into some state of restoration.
getting it there is the costly part and that's why so many sit in a garage. i
am
only now able to pick up on my hobby because my kids are grown and finally out
of
the house. i still have the college loans left over, but i have some
disposable income to commit. that has not been the case for the last 26 years.
Maybe I
was the smart one by not trying to budget for it over the years and this
where I think most people have the problem. kids, house, mortgage, car loans
for
him and her and a triumph that needs restoration? This is only for the upper
10% of the wage earning population.
Are they unreliable? again no. once you get them into a running order they
are very reliable. compared to modern computer controlled cars i will have to
admit as a no. i think you could have a hole in a piston and modern cars would
just retard the ignition ever 1/4 revolution for you and still keep horsepower
up. the key to reliability is maintenance and attention. it will "tell you"
when it needs something usually its when you ignore it that it then lets you
down.
Don't like the attention? Love the attention. my 58 has a crunchy front and
all primer. No handles or bumpers. but I get more waves and people following me
to know what it is than any other car iv ever owned or driven.
Can't get good insurance? Well, $110.00 a year is kinda expensive.........not
Your mechanic won't touch it? Are you kidding? I wont let them touch it. do
it all myself. That's the fun and I know its done right. there no rocket
science in these old things.
Too precious for any place but your garage? To precious to leave outside and
let the kids play on. my intention is for a good looking shinny driver. And
the more miles I can put on it the better. it just means that ill wear out the
motor and finally get to strip down one of these wet liner motors. Oh the
anticipation.

look forward to seeing you driving yours Paul

Frank Fisher
Temecula
California
58 TR3A   TS41366L