TR6 front wing lights and speedo cable

To: "Rob Christopher \(robc\)" <robc@cisco.com>
Subject: TR6 front wing lights and speedo cable
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:25:11 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i8DHR4Fb006302
Message text written by "Rob Christopher \(robc\)"
>First, the front lights located on the fenders.  They have one green/white
>and one black wire on them.  Are they supposed to blink as turning
>indicators or are they simply driving lights (ie always on)?  The
>green/white suggests they should blink but I can't remember from when my
car
>was running.

Pay no attention to the green/white, it should be connected to the red wire
in the harness which will illuminate the bulb whenever the running lights
are on.  The fact that it is not black means it is connected to the tip on
the bulb socket to differentiate it from the ground (earth) connection.

>I also have two different lenses for the two sides.  One has about 2/3 of
it
>as a silver foil backed reflector, the bulb lights only the lower 1/3.
The
>other is all clear, no reflector.  Which is correct?

Are you sure the one without foil just lost it?  The foil makes the 2/3 of
the lense a reflector with is rather important since it will be more
visible even with the lights off.  At any rate all the ones I've seen had
the foil.

>Second, speedo cable routing.  After the cable goes through the fire wall,
>have it routed through the hole right above the PDWA on the inclined
webbing
>piece.  Where does it go from there to get the angle drive on the trans?
If
>I just run it under the trans, it hangs very low and will probably snag on
>something.  It is not long enough to route over the trans.

I routed mine over the top of the transmission.  I can't recall if I routed
it through the hole in the webbing or not and you may want to try routing
it more directly.  But do go over the top of the transmission, don't go
under.

Good luck and it looks like you'll get the car on the road just in time to
put it up for the winter.  ;-)

Cheers

Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: