RE: TR3 Wiring Harnesses - Dumb Questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Wiring Harnesses - Dumb Questions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:50:36 -0700
>  The first mistake I made when going thorugh my underhood wiring,
> was that it was done correctly, I mean, many things do work.  The
> more and more I go through the wire connections, the more I am
> discovering many things are jury-rigged and the fact many
> electrical things work on the car I think is pure coincidence.
> That being said, I am looking to find what are called
> sub-harnesses by Moss.  The Moss catalog identifies these
> harness, but says they are not available.  These would be the
> underhood harnesses that (1) run across the front of the car from
> left to right, and (2) that runs along the right side from the
> front to the regulator and fuse box.

Steve, what part numbers do you see for these harnesses in the Moss catalog
?

AFAIK, both of the things you have described are in fact part of the 'main'
harness and are cabled together along with the wires that run to the rear of
the car.

>  So, far It does not appear
> that I need the main harness that runs from underhood to the rear
> of the car (and do not want to pay for it).   Are these
> sub-harness available?  Do I just have to create my own?  Where
> can I get the correct color wires if I create these two
> sub-harnesses?  (I looked at British Wire's website, but couldn!
> 't find anything I need.)

I was just looking at British Wire's website catalog, and they seem to have
all the original sub-harnesses listed.
http://www.britishwiring.com/Tri_TR.PDF

But since the pieces you've described are part of the main harness, no one
(AFAIK) sells them separately.  However, I believe British Wire will also
sell you wire by the foot in the right color codes, plus the terminals and
tools to go with them.
http://www.britishwiring.com

Dan Masters at least was selling wire in the proper color codes (and in
uprated sizes), but his wires don't bear much resemblance to the originals
(other than the colors).
DANMAS@aol.com

Randall

Randall