Re: Installation Order

To: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Installation Order
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:12:13 -0500
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 6:39 PM
Subject: Installation Order

> Hello, everyone.
>
> Although I rebuilt the engine on my '59 TR3A early this spring and
installed
> it on the frame (and suspension, brakes, driveline, etc.) I'd rebuilt last
> summer (and hooked to my rebuilt OD transmission), I've been busy building
> new wood shed (and a new room in the cellar for my daughter).  ...So,
> sporadically I get to turn my weary attention back to the 3A.
>
> I haven't started my new engine yet

Terry:

The body cannot be lowered into place with the carburetors in place.  In my
opinion you will be more confident next spring knowing that all is well in
the drive train.   I would suggest starting the engine, running thru the
gears and testing the OD now with the chassis on jack stands.  Rather
dangerous with the bare spinning drive shaft but well worth the piece of
mind.  There were times with the TR2 that I wished I had started the engine
without the body when I had the chance.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

Check out the new British Cars Forum: