Re: Seats: foam or springs?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seats: foam or springs?
From: "Eric K." <tr3a@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:00:54 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Terry Smith said:
> On my ground up TR3A resto, I'll be redoing my seats this winter.  Would
> the List mind contributing again on their opinion of rebuilding the seats
> with the stock springs versus the new foam?
>
> I'll be driving this car every day there's no snow, for 2 hours.

The seats in my 3A have (new) springs in them and I must say they do an
excellent job of cushioning the jolts and shudders the suspension lets
through. Most passengers I've had also notice the springs in the seat and
the comfort that comes with them. I have no way of comparing with modern
replacement foam seat cushions, but I'd be surprised if they provided the
same comfort as springs.

> Thanks, and glad to cybersee you all again!

Yeah, glad the list is up again. I was having serious withdrawal symptoms.

Eric

--
'57 TR3a TS23315L - black
'76 Spit FH88257L - Java green