TR3 tranny interchangability with TR4

To: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 tranny interchangability with TR4
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:15:35 -0600
I have a grinding, clonking TR4 overdrive transmission so I'm planning
to swap in the spare supposedly rebuilt TR3-sourced transmission I have
stashed in the garage.  I wanted to double-check; it's a straight swap,
right?

Anyone care to estimate the time it'll take, including clutch
replacement, based on been-there-done-that experience? I've never done
it, but after 5 years of daily driving I've done about everything else
with plenty of advice from the list. Finally any reason not to order a
Moss Borg & Beck clutch kit? Thanks.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO