Stub Axle Replacement

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stub Axle Replacement
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:59:25 -0400
I recently had my front end looked at by a restoration shop  and was told
that the stub axles needed replacement. The cost would be dependent on
getting the old axles out of the vertical links. If they can't get them out
they'd have to order new vertical links. I was thinking of tackling this as
a winter project and am wondering what problems you folks have run into
removing worn stub axles? Is replacing them a difficult job? Also any
comments on replacement quality from any of the Big 3?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD/