Ironic but sad

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ironic but sad
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:08:53 -0400
OK I am not laughing, but it is still grimly ironic for us LBC types.

Canada just took delivery of a used British submarine from the late 80s.
Wouldn't you know it, on the maiden voyage back home this week, the crew
experienced a major fire of electrical origin caused by far too much current
(13,000 amps) going through too thin wiring right under the Captain's cabin.
The sub was wallowing powerless around the east Atlantic all this week in
gale force winds waiting for tow back to Scotland for repairs. I've been out
in the Altantic in a force 10 in a small boat, it's no fun. Tragically one
sailor died from smoke inhalation in the fire. Does Lucas do submarines?

Mark

Check out the new British Cars Forum: