Seen in passing... (LBC and Triumph specific)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Seen in passing... (LBC and Triumph specific)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:41:35 +0100
This weekend just past, I found myself in the car park of a local hardware
store. My mission was the acquisition of many rolls of wallpaper, about
which the less said the better.
As I locked my car and walked towards the store entrance in which doubtless
thronged countless indecisive people who were 'just looking', comparing
prices - and inevitably assisted in their mission by screaming kids, I
passed in front of a Triumph Toledo.
For the unaware, this model replaced the Herald.
It was a sorry sight - with much rust, scratched paint and many serious
dents to the front end and down the sides. Such was the extent of the
overall damage, I briefly pondered how it had managed to get through its
annual test with incorrectly aligned headlights - or how it had got through
it at all!
What made me chuckle, was a large piece of self-adhesive plastic on the
leading edge of the bonnet that boldly proclaimed:

"SO MANY PEDESTRIANS, SO LITTLE TIME"

It must have been a front drum-braker - without a servo! I conjecture this
car has almost reached the end of its road.

Jonmac

---