RE: headlight rim? Mounting Question

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: headlight rim? Mounting Question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:16:24 -0700
> Back to the headlight rim question.  I have an early small mouth TR3.  It
> should have the headlight rims with the screw in the bottom.  However, my
> headlamp buckets don't have a corresponding, receiving screw hole in them.
> Are these the wrong buckets?

Probably.

>  Can I drill a hole in the buckets
> to accept a
> screw?

At one time, replacement buckets were sold with several different adapters
for the different rims ... the adapter for the TR2-3 rims looked like a
small angle bracket, with a plain hole on one side to pop-rivet to the
bucket, and a formed hole on the other side to accept the screw from the
rim.  Moss UK used to sell just the brackets, but they probably don't any
more.

Fabricating something similar would seem to be the best solution to me.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: