Down to the Chassis

Subject: Down to the Chassis
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:01:56 -0500
Greetings All,

Great news!  I got my 4A IRS back from body-tub repairs and
have successfully hoisted the body from the frame, using the Bentley
Workshop Manual way.
(I've got the body hanging from the rafters in the shop, be happy to
send anyone photos
if you want them.  Looks pretty cool seven feet in the air!!)

Anyway, I'm about to start the process of liberating everything from the
chassis in order to
conduct a complete chassis inspection and overhaul.

Outside of taking plenty of pictures, making sure I remove whole
assemblies at a time, and labeling
everything (especially the "handness" of the assemblies/parts), does
anyone have any advice?  I'm hoping that
some mistakes have been made here that I can learn from.

Also, is there preferred order from removing things from the chassis.  I
am considering:

1. Exhaust
2. Fuel line
3. Brake line