Was Oil Filters NOW brake fluids

To: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Subject: Was Oil Filters NOW brake fluids
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:14:54 -0700
Cc: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> I closed my message to him with "Like the DOT4 vs DOT5 brake fluid
> debate -- this one will probably remain a matter of opinion rather
> than clear conclusion".

Funny you should mention that.  I just took delivery of some Lucas
hydraulic parts.  And like a good little girl, read the instruction
sheets even though I've rebuilt cylinders dozens of times over the
years.  I found this time to be interesting.

And I quote from the instruction sheet:
"Use Lucas universal brake fluid - DOT4 or DOT5 in Lucas car brake
systems and DOT3 or DOT 4 in Lucas commercial brake systems"

I guess the days of UK manufacturers being required to purchase natural
rubber from the colonies are long over.

Oh, and the correct torque for the bleed screw and I assume the hose
fitting is 5 lbft

TeriAnn J. Wakeman
      Marigold Ltd.
      www.marigoldltd.com