Bearing and Seal Numbers

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bearing and Seal Numbers
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:06:22 -0400 i9CDIm5e024555
Hey Folks,

I was looking for manufacturer part numbers for the various bearings and
seals in our cars.
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of those parts?

In particular I'm looking for the seals used on the TR4 and TR6
differential.
But having a reference of any of them would be handy.

I can start the list with stuff from the Timken Site  (it is pretty funny to
click the "applications" menu and see what old American iron uses the same
bearings and seals)

Triumph TR6 Pinion and differential bearings

Part type       Location        Manufacture # (Timken in this case)
Cone            Inner           3188
Cup             Inner           3120
Seal            Outer           470487N
Cone            Outer           15100
Cup             Outer           15245
Cone            Carrier         16150
Cup             Carrier         16283

The output shaft bearings (ball bearing, not tapered rollers)  for the TR6
rear end (not Timken)
Their bearing number is LS-11 and their dimensions are  1 1/8" ID  x   2 ="
OD    x   5/8" thick

Seal            Inner TR6 Rear Wheel    223510
Cone            Outer TR6 Rear Wheel    LM29749
Cup             Outer TR6 Rear Wheel    LM29710
Set (?)         Inner TR6 Rear Wheel    SET4

Front wheel all Triumph TRs up through TR6

Seal            Inner           1110
Cone            Inner           07100S
Cup             Inner           07210X
Cone            Outer           03062
Cup             Outer           03162

Triumph 1968 - 1976 2.5L straight 6
Crankshaft Rear Seal    6985
Kwik Slv (opt rpr)      99287

Timing cover seal       472397
Kwik Slv (opt rpr)      99199

Triumph 4 cylinder 1955 - 1968      1991cc  and 2138cc
Timing cover seal       450494
Kwik Slv (opt rpr)      99174

Timken's webpage is a little iffy (IMO) on the TR6 clutch release bearing. .
it says:

Bearing Only            TR1714          (Ball Brg Style Release Brg Replaces
Original Style Carbon Brg)
Maybe they are mixing up the carbon block release bearings that MGs use?

If anyone is still reading this . . .I'd love to know the seal numbers for
the TR6 differential output shaft.
Also the Speedisleeve number for the Differential input flange.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday

Check out the new British Cars Forum: