TR6 Turn signal and Emergency Flasher Issues

To: Robert Rudolphi <robertrudolphi@netscape.net>
Subject: TR6 Turn signal and Emergency Flasher Issues
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:27:26 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net i9ICS25e026752
Message text written by Robert Rudolphi
>I recently noticed my turn signals are not working on either side and my
emergency flashers are only working on the left side (drivers). When I
turn on the emergency flashers the relay makes a clicking sound but only
the left side blinks. Does this sound like I need 2 new relays? Anything
else I should check ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Robert Rudolphi

1974 TR6
<

I would start with the emergency flasher switch.  The turn signals are
wired through this switch and if the contacts get dodgy they won't wotk.
Try waggling the switch with the turn signal on and watch for activity.
The 74 has a switch and no relays involved.  This is the same circuit used
in the TR7/8's and my TR8 has a dodgy flasher switch and I have to play
with it to get the turn signals to work from time to time.

Get a can of Contact and Tuner Cleaner at your local Radio Shack and treat
your switch to a modest dose.  You can access the switch by pulling out the
tach.

Good luck

Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: